EME Blog 7

 

I decided to look at one of my formal teachers page from Leon High School, and I surely was not disappointed. While attending Leon, I did not use my teachers web page to my advantage like I should have. I see how resourceful they can be, for example Mr. Robby Read currently has a bio so the students and parents can be a little more familiar with him. He also has an announcement, important dates, and deadline page on his website. This is important so all of his students and parents can be updated on what's due and or coming up in the near future. 


https://www.leonschools.net/Page/22542 

I envision using technologies that are cost efficient as well convenient to all my students no matter their circumstances. One being a text messaging tool that would allow me to send updates and reminders for when things are due via text, through Tatango and Twilio. Another one would be a fun gaming one such as Kahoot to make learning more fun and enjoyable. Lastly, I would use a social media tool such as TikTok, Twitter or Instagram to stay updated with the times as well as post educational videos for my students could see. 

Since it was my first time working with the site or on a wiki page in general I didn't know what to expect. When I first started working on it their was a bit of a learning curve for me but once I started working on it, it became easier to use. I could definitely see myself using a wiki page for lesson plans and an overall review for a lesson. I would need to use the website a few more times before I find something I dislike about Pb works but for now I like how user friendly it is. 

Comments