EME Blog 4

 I decided to choose grades 11-12th from the Standards and Technology Matrices for ELA because I feel as though these grades are  valuable years for learning a student can receive because they’re close to jumping into the “real world.” I chose standard LAFS.1112.RST.3.7  because it is the standard that informs one that they should be able to incorporate and understand various streams of information presented in several formats and media in order to address and solve issues. I find this to be important because when these students either go off to college or land a job they will be presented  with topics from digital sources that needs to be addressed and be expected to address those well. With my current skill I believe I would not be prepared to implement this standard to 11th and 12th graders because they use Word, Excel, Pixlr, Photoshop, and Tuva. I’ve used most if not all of these tools on multiple occasions however I have not mastered one or more of them, so I would want to learn more about these tools before incorporating them. 

 

Out of the CPALMS list of grades and subjects, I decided to go with grades 9-12th theatre. As I stated above I believe these years are vital for the advancement of these students because their close to going out into the real world. I chose theatre because theatre is near and dear to me with me being an actor and pursuing a career in this field. One of the resources that stood out to me was the “Monologue Challenge.” This resource is placed on the list to help younger actors demonstrate their creativity by playing two different characters. As an working actor they will be expected to play more than one character. 

 

One of the most important skills a modern day teacher could have is being proficient in internet searching. Our world is forever changing and is moving towards the digital route more and more each year. If a teacher is not proficient in these skills I think they will be left behind and will not be able to educate their students properly. After learning the different internet searching skills the one I would like to use is reverse image search. I’ve never used that tool to look or locate an image but it seems to be a useful skill. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EME Blog 7

EME Blog 6

EME Blog 5