EME Blog 5

 

As far as my "early experience" with Twitter goes, I have little to no experience at all. In 2018 I downloaded the app for acting and business purposes but could never dive into it because I didn't really know how to use it. Twitter is surely my least used app or social media platform. If I learned how to use it better then I could connect with other actors, casting directors, and directors. However; as of right now, there is no audience I connect with.  

In my opinion there are only two causes to the digital divide,  the first being the classroom and the second being society. Because countries are in competition with one another they push and explorer new ways of learning which created more technology based learning. Society is almost the same way, except we as humans try to create an easier way to communicate, learn, and go about our lives. One of the ways to effectively do this is by creating new technologies to make life easier. They advertise these technologies and really convince the consumer that they're the "hottest toy" out there. When you combine the two, you get a generational digital divide. As a teacher it's almost inevitable to avoid the digital divide between student and teacher. Sure the younger you are as a teacher the better you have at combatting the digital divide but sooner or later the older you get the more that divide is going to grow. All I will be able to do is just try my best to have my students teach me the new trends and technology.

Honestly as a theatre teacher only academic software I would try to implement on my students are canvas, and playscripts. Canvas is a great way to communicate with your students and keep them updated. It's fairly easy to navigate so there isn't much of a learning curb there. Next is playscripts, as actors we must get a foundation of what we will be doing, one of the ways to do this is by reading and understanding scripts. Scripts can be expensive, which is why playscripts allow you to view all the scripts in their database for free online. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EME Blog 7

EME Blog 6