EME BLOG 2


 I find it funny that we’re talking about Microsoft Word this week on the blog assignment because I’m currently using Microsoft Word to type out my response before posting it on the blog. I have a good deal of experience with Microsoft Word, I use it for almost every project. Instead of inserting or typing in the text box; say for a discussion board or in this case a blog, I will type it up in Word then copy and paste it to whatever site or platform it’s supposed to go in. I honestly prefer Word more than any other platform to be honest because it’s so easy and assessable to use.  

The ISTE Standards for Educators standard that resonates with me the most is Leader. Leaders tend to steer, mold and improve a common goal for education. They help those who have learning preferences with technology. They seek out ways to motivate and support students so they they may improve on their teaching, which opens up ways for them to improve on their learning. I think this one is important because without leader educators students would never learn the right way because no one would be there to guide them. 

 

I think the phrase “digital native” fits today’s youth rather well. Although I don’t know exactly what it means, given the context clues I can assume it means, one who uses technology well. You can definitely see some difference between a “digital native”  person and someone who is a” digital immigrant,” just by looking at a professor and a student using zoom. I hear a lot of professors, especially the older ones say something along the lines of “I don’t know how to do this,” then they proceeded to click on any and everything, get frustrated and waits for someone to help them. That’s a pretty good example of someone who is a “digital immigrant.” However the student, a “digital native,” most times scan and look at their options and end up clicking the right icon eventually. 



"Technology" by anton kouba is licensed under https://www.flickr.com/photos/antonkouba/



Comments

  1. I also use Microsoft word for almost all of my projects. I feel like it is the easiest processor to navigate and have always preferred to write my assignments on it, and then copy what I wrote onto the necessary program for submission if needed. I found your point about leadership is interesting. It is a strong argument in support of the importance of good leadership. The comparison between generations, as they differ between being digital natives or immigrants is well observed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EME Blog 7

EME Blog 6

EME Blog 5